On the one hand the viruses, on the other the spring allergies, surely during this period your house needs proper cleaning and disinfection from Αποφράξεις Αναγνώστου Κηφισιά. But how do you clean your home completely, properly, in what order and where to start? Below you will find simple tips to make your home look and feel really clean, free of germs, dust and viruses.
Start the day of the general cleaning of your house, ventilating each room well and do not forget to take blankets and duvets in the sun.
In any case, you should ventilate the house every day, so that the air is refreshed and diffused fresh inside the house.
This protects you more from viruses and allergies.
Thoroughly disinfect large surfaces such as benches, open-plan furniture, consoles, desks, play surfaces.
Use disinfectant cleaning liquid or cleaner with diluted bleach (in materials that do not fade) in a ratio of 1 to 10, where you will then rinse the surfaces with clean water.
Shake well all the carpets in the house, as well as the sofa covers. Let them ventilate for a while and then take them in and continue cleaning them with the vacuum cleaner, brush with a carpet cleaner and if necessary put a steam cleaner.
With a steam cleaner you can also clean the curtains, but also your mattress. The steam cleaner with the power of steam cleans difficult stains while at the same time disinfects, neutralizing 99.9% of germs without the use of chemicals.
The kitchen due to humidity but also due to daily feeding activity requires special attention.
- Remove from the countertops of your kitchen anything that has nothing to do with its function and clean thoroughly. Leave them clean and almost empty.
- Fill the sink with hot water, add a little soap and put in the removable shelves of the fridge, the dish rack or the microwave tray.
- Dust over cupboards and the refrigerator, dust that will fall to the floor will be wiped off later.
- Clean the taps and the outside of the kitchen utensils, but also the oven, refrigerator, etc., with a general purpose cleaner and rinse.
- Put the sponges and vetches along with the items you have soaked in the sink in the dishwasher.
- Vacuum carefully to remove dust and crumbs and then mop well.
There are special kitchen cleaners so you can easily clean everything in your kitchen.
To disinfect your refrigerator:
- You have to remove the food (check expiration dates, throw away what has expired and bring forward the expired ones).
- Clean the inside with a sponge dipped in warm water and a little dishwashing liquid.
- You go everywhere with disinfectant (non-toxic) grills, cupboards, egg cases, base, etc.
- Wipe with a damp clean sponge and wait for it to dry before putting your food back in.
To disinfect the dishwasher:
- Check the drainage area and remove any food debris.
- Then place a glass of white vinegar in the washing machine.
- In another cup put baking soda (up to the middle of the cup) and place it on the top shelf.
- Work for a wash cycle with the hottest water and after the wash is over, leave it closed for another 20 minutes.
- Open his door and dried the inside with a clean towel or a soft sponge.
Clean your sofa after wiping it with the special brush of the vacuum cleaner or with a vacuum cleaner and pass it with a gentle cleaner. Then you can use a steam cleaner.
The vacuum cleaner is a good solution for small surfaces and for everyday use, as it is flexible, small and practical.
The bathroom must be disinfected daily for reasons of hygiene, as due to the bacteria that grow there it is the most “dirty” room in the house. For a “deep” cleaning, wear household gloves and start from the top down.
- Wipe the bathroom floor well before you start anything, as water will fall and you do not want mud in your bathroom.
- Clean the metal elements of the shower with a special product, wash the bathtub curtains in the washing machine and clean the bathtub with hot water and detergent.
Disinfect tiles, brush the dirt from the joints (with a hard brush or toothbrush dipped in bleach) while at the same time the bathroom should be ventilated.
Use the basin to clean sinks and faucets and finish them. Pour bleach and toilet disinfectant, rub with a spatula and pull out the cistern.
Finally, mop with floor cleaner or diluted bleach. To easily clean your bathroom, there are special bath cleaners.
To disinfect the washing machine:
Once a month put on a washing program with a temperature above 60 ° C. Put detergent powder in the case and let it work. You can also add 2 cups of vinegar in place of the detergent, to remove any odors that have been created inside.
Wiping – Mopping
You move armchairs and sofas (if possible), baskets, flower pots, boxes, nightstands, etc., and vacuum thoroughly the whole house. You also pay attention under the beds and on the legs of the furniture that collect hair and various dirt.
Mop the whole house with a biological cleaner and a few drops of disinfectant and change the water per room.
You can see for a good vacuum cleaner, for a professional one for your terrace or garden, but also the very easy-to-use robot vacuum cleaner, which will really “untie” your hands!
After removing the mattress cover, vacuum it with a vacuum cleaner to pick up dust, pet hair and dirt that has accumulated over time.
If there are stains, mix a few drops of liquid dish soap with warm water with a little baking soda and rub the stains. Wipe the whole thing with a cloth that you have sprayed with antibacterial liquid and try to aerate it, lifting it.
If possible, take the mattress out for a while in the garden or on the terrace, the sun and air are a great way to drastically reduce bacteria.
The windows are also a point that needs thorough cleaning, especially in a house with children who constantly leave footprints on their height.
Clean the surface with a soft, lint-free cloth, spray with glass liquid and wipe with a kitchen roller, ideally with newspaper sheets, as it will polish them perfectly or with glass cleaning rubbers.
When the rains stop and after washing balconies, terraces and shutters, you follow the same steps from the outside. To clean your windows there are small glass cleaning devices that make the whole process incredibly easy.
Knobs – handles
It is very important to frequently disinfect door knobs (especially the front door) and cupboards, the handles on your small appliances, the power switches, the keyboards, the TV remote control and anything else you touch almost every day!
You can see our article specifically for the disinfection of electronic devices. If you want to feel healthy, beautiful and relaxed in the house, these simple tips will help you a lot, as well as the simple moves that you can adopt in your daily life.
Then, enjoy your indoors activities in peace.